- If you're a command-line junkie then be sure to check out Terminal Tips and Tricks For Mac OS X
- In any application press Command-Shift-/ and start typing the menu item you want. Now you no longer need to remember all the shortcuts!
- The OS X intro movie is located at /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro.mov
- Disk Utility - Resize an Existing Volume
- See which processes are using the Internet (explained here )
lsof -P -i -n | cut -f 1 -d " " | uniq
- Hold down Shift while pressing the volume up/down key - prevents the plonk plonk
- To see folder content previews enter the following in Terminal.app
- defaults write com.apple.finder QLEnableXRayFolders 1
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Command Shift O -> Documents
- Command Shift C -> Computer
- Command Shift H -> Home
- Command Shift A -> Applications
- Command Shift U -> Utilities
- Command Shift D -> Desktop
- Command Shift K -> Network
- 10.5 would show a summary for the Get Info window if you'd selected 10 or more items but 10.6 shows you one for each and every file. If you'd like a summary window then use Control Command I.
- Advanced Spotlight Menu Searches
- Using Quick Look from the Command Line using 'qlmanage'
- AppleJack is a troubleshooting utility for use in single-user mode (acessed via Command S while booting)