Travel Check for the iPhone and Android allows you to easily view details about your TfL Oyster cards including:
- Your pre-paid balance
- View your travelcards and expiry dates
- (iPhone/Android) Check your pre-paid Journey History and see how much you paid for each leg of your pre-paid journey
- (iPhone only) Receive push notifications two days before travelcard expiry
- Support for multiple cards under a single TfL login
Want to see the application in use? Check out the Gallery of iPhone and Android screenshots
Some common questions include:
I'm having problems logging in, what can I do?
Why is there no journey history?
- Journey history is only available for pay-as-you-go journeys purchased online. The history will cover tube and bus journeys but currently there is no data available for season ticket or travel card purchases. You can always double check this by logging into the TfL Oyster site and comparing the journey history shown there with that on the app.
What do the icons on the journey history page represent?
- There are three icons you'll come across. A red arrow indicates an exit from a tube station. A green arrow shows an entry to a tube station and/or bus. A "£" icon represents an auto top-up.
Why does the journey cost look a little odd on the journey history?
- Upon entering a tube station an initial amount (usually £6) is automatically deducted from your balance. This will show up as '- £4' When you exit the tube station. If your trip cost cost less than this amount, you'll be refunded the difference (which will show up as a positive amount). Weird, we know!
I've logged in but the display is a little funky with lots of code showing. What's up with that?
- Oops that's definitely not meant to happen and probably means there's a gremlin on the loose. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it in no time!
My Pay-As-You-Go balance or season tickets are not showing correctly.
Is my data secure?
- Your username and password are stored locally in the application and transmitted using a SSL link to a web-service which in turn uses SSL to query the TfL Oyster site. At no time are is your password stored outside of the application. Data from your request (including balance, season tickets) is cached for 10 seconds before being deleted. This is done to retrieve your data a little faster after quitting and returning to the application.
- There's something else I'd like to chat about
- I'm always here to help and would love to hear from you so drop an email to email@example.com and I'll be in touch. Remember that I can't reply to feedback that's left on the iTunes App Store / Android Marketplace so if you have a problem please contact me directly. Oh and if you have any suggestions or feature requests, please send these through!
By using this application you authorise that login information is transmitted to a third party via means of a secure connection. This application is in no way authorised, endorsed or affiliated with TfL/TranSys. The Terms "Oyster" and "Oyster Card" are a trademark of TranSys.